Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Gravy Train

I have been hearing lots of talk about a new restaurant that opened in Sumter last year. It's called Gravy and it opened up where my old favorite restaurant used to be so I was reluctant to go try it out. Well I finally went there for lunch one day and I was pleasantly surprised.
You walk in and it's a mix of southern charm and bistro chic. You sit down and they serve your drinks in mason jars and how cakes instead of bread, very southern. They have a regular menu with sandwiches and salads, and they have a daily special of one meat with either two or three sides. I ordered the chicken salad plate and Louis got the chicken friend steak with macaroni and mashed potatoes with gravy. Everything was delicious and tasted homemade and fresh. The hoe cakes were cooked per order so they were warm and crispy when you but into them. The chicken fried steak was super crispy and flavorful and my chicken salad was just like my moms. I definitely recommend that you go try it out, it's a quaint little spot but the food is big on flavor. Places like this is why I love living in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment