Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Thrifty Tuesday: Tip #1

Well this weeks finds are just a few not like the jack pot and mother loads I have been finding lately. However it was still successful, I found a lot of vintage jewelry, most of which I will transform to make statement necklaces. I love to take vintage necklaces and cluster them together to make unique statement necklaces. I got some great 80's style earrings that will be putting up for sale on the online in my etsy shop. The main thing I want to talk about today is about becoming friends with your local thrift store employees. The reason why I found such great jewelry this week is because I got a call from my contact at one of my favorite thrift stores. He called me to let me know they received a bunch of vintage jewelry. Establishing this relationship with employees/owners at thrift helps make your thrifting experience easier. Yes I love just discovering treasures all on my own, but I hate when I miss out on items that I really want because someone beat me to it. So having these contacts and becoming friends with them is a key advantage. Plus its always nice to make new friends. Now I can expect a call every time they get something that I really want in so I don't miss out. And they usually end up giving me a discount so being friendly definitely doesn't hurt. I have to admit I love walking into a store and the employees know me by name and ask how I'm doing and actually mean it. So I highly recommend you to take the time to get to know the people you see every time you go thrifting because you never know what they might be able to help you with and they usually are pretty cool people.

No comments:

Post a Comment