Thursday, June 14, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish....

So Tuesday night my boyfriend and I went on a lovely date to Sumter's new local hangout Palmetto Oyster House, and it was great! PO House opened its doors in 2011 and has been gaining popularity since. Its a quaint casual seafood restaurant focusing on fresh local food and southern favorites, like shrimp and grits and Beaufort Stew. I have been 3 times now and every time the food has been amazing. Their seafood selection is wonderful offering oysters (raw, steamed, etc) shrimp, flounder, salmon, crab legs, and much more. For those who aren't into seafood like my boyfriend they have delicious hamburgers and one of the best rib eye steaks I have ever eaten! (Melt in your mouth tender and flavorful.)
Peel and Eat Steamed Shrimp. 


I had shrimp with a salad, it was messy but delicious! 
PO House also has a great selection of beer, over a dozen on draft and more than 70 bottled beers. They carry domestics, micro-brews and imported beers. The atmosphere is a mix between a beach side grill and local tavern. It is family friendly, and perfect for a nice cold drink with friends after work. Next time you are craving something delicious and different please go check out Palmetto Oyster House and let me know what you think!
Beer list and condiments in beer bucket great idea!


My boyfriend's cheeseburger with crab chips (aka raw fries w/ old bay seasoning).

No comments:

Post a Comment